I’ll be brief (for once, lol).
- I led the warm-up at the Department of Justice’s FunRun back in June:
- I FINALLY have my first Zumba class! I will be teaching Aqua Zumba at the Carlingwood YMCA on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6pm starting September 2016!!
- I bought some Zumba gear in preparation for my new class in September! First of all, I was not expecting Zumba to carry larger sizes because — let’s face it — most of their instructors are not large. I got my package in the mail yesterday, and I was surprised — Zumba is surprisingly body positive. Their sizes rage from size XSpicy to XXLovely, so that women could feel good about their bodies no matter their size. I took a picture of one of the tags, and I have copied and pasted the size chart from the Canadian Zumba wear supplier’s website so you can see what I mean:
- I was profiled in the Toronto Star in an article about life-changing decisions and overcoming one’s fears, and I (of course) talked about becoming a Zumba instructor. Check it out!
- From time to time I might be teaching Zumba at “Zumba on the Hill,” which is a free Zumba class on Sundays at Parliament Hill.
- I’ve finally finished my website! Visit http://simonesamuels.zumba.com/ to keep informed about my classes!
- I’ve created my own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/simonemoneeksamuels/. Like my Zumba website, I hope to keep my followers informed about my classes, and provide health tips, motivation, as well as have it serve as yet another platform for my witty thoughts and musings. 🙂
And finally no — my fears about being a Zumba instructor still have yet to be realized and things seem to be going extremely well. 🙂
See you in September? ❤